Sunday, December 24, 2017

Sunday Snapshot for Christmas 2018


Currently reading:

The Further Adventures of Ebenezer Scrooge by Charlie Lovett: You can tell Lovett is fanboying Dickens here.

Truth or Beard by Penny Reid: I'll admit when I first started this book I thought it was pretty dumb. But then Reid threw in a twist and she got me hooked.

Posted:

A list of favorite mystery romance novels that you need to read like RN.

Movies:

the last jedi poster
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, starring all the people from the previous Star Wars movie

Star Warrrrrs, Starrrr Warrrrs! This movie was about at the same level as Attack of the Clones for me, except the visuals were much better. I liked it and I'm happy I saw it, but I don't think I'll have the patience to watch it again. It was wayyyy tooooo loooooong. Also the lengthy exposition and copy/paste quotes from previous Star Wars movies bugged me.

On the plus side, I was relieved Kylo Ren and Rey didn't hook up. Despite the gratuitous shirtless scene. lol

My mom has also been forcing me to watch romantic Christmas movies on Netflix. In order of bearableness:

the spirit of christmas
The Spirit of Christmas, starring Jen Lilley and Thomas Beaudoin

Surprisingly romantic, considering the hero is dead. Every Christmas, Daniel reanimates for 12 days and haunts the B&B he owned before he was murrrrdered. This causes problems for Kate, a lawyer who's hired to liquidate the estate. I loved the super grumpy ghost and Beaudoin ain't hard on the eyes either.

a christmas prince
A Christmas Prince, starring Rose McIver and Ben Lamb

Basically Prince Harry fanfic. It kind of reminds me of The Prince & Me, in that I'm aware it is a terrible movie and yet I still watch it.

christmas inheritance
Christmas Inheritance, starring Eliza Taylor and Jake Lacey

The major weakness of this one is the hero. He is not physically attractive AT ALL. There are also continuity issues that make me think intelligence was not applied to this script (how is whipped cream a reasonable replacement for clotted cream? Would you put clotted cream in your coffee?). But it was okay.

dear santa
Dear Santa, starring Amy Acker, Emma Duke, and David Haydn-Jones

This movie offended every feminist sensibility I possess. Plus it doesn't even make sense. You're going to marry a guy just because his daughter wants him to??? No. Look at your life, look at your choices.

This month in heidenkindom:

The past few weeks have been pretty rough. My grandfather died the week before last and his funeral was just two days ago. So it's not the merriest of Christmases around here. To say the least. Writing Christmas cards becomes officially awful when you have to tell people a family member has passed away. Especially when you have to do it in German. This isn't the worst year I've ever had, but I'm more than ready to bid 2017 adieu.

Hopefully you all are having a better holiday season than I am. May the new year bring better things for all of us! See you on the flip side.





Discus this post with me on Twitter, FaceBook, Google+ or in the comments below.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...